Diabetes is a disease that affects millions of people all over the world. In some cases, diabetes can be managed with lifestyle changes and medication- but for those who have been diagnosed as having severe diabetes, their only option may be to go on insulin therapy. For these patients, compression therapy is a great alternative tool to help manage the painful symptoms of diabetes. This blog post will discuss what compression therapy is and how it works as well as why this type of treatment might be right for you!
- A compression garment is a tight-fitting piece of clothing that covers most or all of the affected parts of the body.
- It compresses and squeezes the muscles, which reduces swelling by restricting fluid movement around tissues.
- Most importantly, it assists in reducing pain caused due to muscle inflammation & strain often experienced during diabetes.
- Wearing a compression garment can also help you feel motivated and inspired to work towards your goals, from experiencing lasting relief from your everyday pains.
- Compression therapy is an additional alternative treatment for people suffering from diabetes who have been prescribed insulin injections, as it assists in managing the painful symptoms of this chronic condition.
- In diabetes, there is a high risk of developing ulcers on the feet because of poor circulation.
- The compression therapy supports better blood flow to these areas and thus reduces the chances of getting infected due to diabetes.
In this blog post I've discussed what diabetes is, how it affects the body and why some people may find themselves in need to find out whether or not compression therapy is the right choice for you, talk to your doctor or diabetes educator today.
- If compression therapy is something that interests you and would like more information on how it works as well as what brands of garments are available for purchase, feel free to contact us.
- We also offer free consultations and help you find the perfect kit for your needs.
- Don't wait any longer and contact us today. Consider compression therapy in detail - what it is, how it works and why you should consider adding this type of treatment to your diabetes management plan! If you want more information or would like to speak with our team about the possibility of starting a home care program for yourself or a loved one, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here for you!
We hope our blog post has been informative and we look forward to hearing from you! Thanks for reading today's article, if you have any questions or would like more information please don't hesitate to contact us by phone or email. Thank You.